Earthquake Insurance in Seattle, WA from our Burien Insurance Agency
Did you know that almost the entire United States is prone to earthquakes? The West Coast of the U.S. has nearly a 70% chance of a 6.7 earthquake or larger. The East, a 40-60% chance and the Midwest has a 40%+ chance! Protect your home in Burien or Normandy Park with an earthquake insurance policy. Earthquake insurance is NOT included with your typical home insurance.
Earthquake insurance is insurance for your property that pays you in the event of an earthquake that causes damage to the property. The typical homeowner’s insurance policy does not cover earthquake loss.
Most earthquake insurance policies feature a high deductible, such as 10%+ of the value of the total insured value of the home, which makes this type of insurance useful if the entire home is destroyed, but not useful if the home is merely damaged. Rates for earthquake insurance vary greatly based off of earthquake maps. Rates can also vary greatly depending what your home is constructed from. Wood homes withstand earthquakes better than brick homes.
To learn more about what earthquake insurance covers and what isn’t covered, please call our offices today at 206-244-3566 for a free, no obligation quote.